Well, it feels like it’s all you’ve been talking about the whole week. It’s certainly been at the forefront of our minds and now that the Heroes of Ruin demo has launched, we’d like to hear your reactions.
Who was your hero of choice - the Gunslinger or the Vindicator? Which skills did you upgrade? Whatever your decisions, we’d like to hear your opinions in the comments section below.
For those of you who haven’t finished the demo twice (there are two classes on offer after all), or those just after a helping hand, we’ve compiled a nifty list of tips and tricks for all your budding adventurer-type needs.
• Auto-Equip items by pressing up on the +Control Pad when standing over the object. A green upward arrow denotes a better item and a red down arrow a worse item. Red font means the item is not suit¬able (too high a level or different class).
• When adventuring through the level remember to use health potions (directional pad ⇐) and block to remain alive.
• If the player dies press the B button to respawn.
• Watch your Energy bar to see when it depletes because you won’t be able to use the Y, X or A button until it recharges. Energy recharges automatically but a potion can also be used (⇒ on the directional pad).
• Pick up loot using the L button. Gold and potions are picked up automatically by walking over them.
• Check your Quest log to see quest progress.
• Some world objects are breakables. Look for brown barrels and purple clams. Break these for gold and potions.
• Press the chest icon on the Touch Screen to check your inventory. Scroll through icons to look at available items. How the item will affect stats is depicted on the top screen. Red font means it will lower a stat if equipped and green shows that it will increase a stat. A class name in red means that the item cannot be used by your class. Press A to equip an item.